Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Paint Stick Lamp Shade

Months ago I royally screwed up a lampshade thinking I would be able to recover it in burlap. WRONG! I had removed the support system and was left with nothing but two metal hoops & no backup plan. So I searched high & low on Pinterest & found a hanging shade covered in paint stir sticks.  http://pinterest.com/pin/259590365990946016/
Here's my version:
Snag as many stir sticks as the paint department will give you, this took several trips. Make sure the glue gun is locked & loaded-this project used alot of glue.

Then figure out where to place the hoops. Use your glue gun to apply glue to both ends of the stick at the same time. Hold hoops in place while applying pressure with two hands & your forehead as necessary. You will look like an idiot & hope that the UPS guy doesn't show up & look through the front door. I stretched rubber bands for extra reinforcement during drying time & cut them off later.


After about an hour & a half of repeating this process I ended up with a pretty cute shade, which matches the light wood in the room or could be painted or stained.



Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment