Friday, October 4, 2013

Third Trimester AKA: I Can't See my Toes Anymore.

* I wrote this post 2 weeks ago & never finished it prior to pre-term labor drama*

Geeze, this is going by way too fast, we are already in the third trimester!
I thoroughly enjoyed the second trimester & am a bit sad to see it go, the 3rd is where everything becomes a bit tougher physically. I love having Brit with me everywhere I go & while I can't wait to meet him-I'm nowhere ready to share him with this great big world.

Here's the latest news:
His name in case you haven't heard, is offcially Britton Wade, he's being called Brit, with ONE T.

I've never felt more beautiful in my life, I love what this baby looks like on the front of my body, we belong together-this belly & I. 

Weight gain is 10 pounds at 27 weeks.

I'm BARELY hanging on to my innie belly button, it's more of a flat-ey with a slit these days. Chris likes to tease me about an outie being in my near future, I don't like outies.

I still have a low-lying placenta by 2 little milimeters. It will travel upward those 2 mm's or else I'm going to be throwing a fit. An ugly one. My doula has started me on increased hydration, raising the foot of our bed, & daily visualization of the placenta moving upward.

We are signed up to start hypnobabies childbirth classess in October. I will be having a drug free, peacful childbirth complete with a vaginal delivery (take that rebellious placenta!) If I'm not a granola lovin', tree hugging hippie by the time they are over I don't know what could ever sway me over to that side. I don't care if you think it's kooky, I care that it works. 

Chris has informed our doctor that he will be helping catch Brit as he is born. Dr.Z didn't seem to be too thrilled but is agreeing to it as long as everything is going well. 

Brit is about 2 pounds & 14 inches long & moves like he's at a disco up in there. Or swimming the butterfly stroke.

I curse the nighttime leg cramps & round ligament pain. Assholes.

Chris loves on his boy every night, they talk to each other, & Daddy pesters his boy to get a reaction, the poor kid doesn't even get to cook completely before it begins. 

Chris has painted the nursery & put together the crib, while I'm dragging my feet to sew up sweet little baby things to complete the decor, the last thing I want to do after work is hover over my sewing machine. 

I cannot believe how hard it is to bend over, walk(ok, waddle) quickly, shave, or get around as easily as what "normal" used to be. Painting my own toes is something I can no longer do myself, Chris has said that he'll help out but I've yet to see him with nail polish in hand. 

 We have registered for baby gifts, lots of small necessities, diapers, & then a ridiculously expensive car seat that we REALLY want. Brit can stay in it from 5 lbs to 100 lbs if necessary, so really it's a good choice economically. Have I sold you on it?

My husband has softened up more, he has been so nuturing, helpful, & thoughtful. This little baby has strenghtend & increased our love for each other, it's incredible. 




No comments:

Post a Comment