Friday, June 28, 2013

How We Made a Baby

***Not a TMI situation, I promise!***
As you know, after 3+ years of trying to conceive & have a successful pregnancy we were at our limit. Physically, my body couldn't handle the treatments & drugs any longer. Financially, we couldn't provide for more invasive treatments or fund an adoption. I was heartbroken because it meant I would live my life childless when I felt my purpose in life was to be a mother. 
So here we were in mid-March, I began taking my last ever dose of Clomid & tracking any signs of ovulation, once I had a positive result I made our final appointment with our fertility doctor. On April Fools, Chris went to the clinic an hour before I did, he did his portion of the appointment & returned to work. After I arrived alone I was put in an exam room & proceeded to have a meltdown once the doctor came in, Dr.K immediately brought me back down off the ledge. He reassured me that even though this was our last chance & attempt at a child via medical intervention, he KNEW that this was going to work & that I would walk out of that clinic pregnant. He did a quick ultrasound & saw plenty of eggs in my ovaries, then the performed my final IUI. As he walked out the door he gave me a hard core high five & encouraged me to relax as he was certain that I was pregnant. I laid on the exam table for 10 minutes to allow everything to settle & toward the ceiling I begged God that this would be the baby that made it into our arms. 
For the next two weeks I tried not to think of anything related to pregnancy, babies, or starting a period. I began having terrible back pain that wasn't normal for me but, I just knew I was going to start, still I decided to take a pregnancy test just in case. I'd barely finished the test & could already see two pink lines! I ran to Chris on the back porch & yelled at him to get off his phone. I stood out there in my panties, ugly crying, shaking, & freaking out as I told the man that I love that he would finally get to be a daddy. We both immediately had a sense that this time the baby was ours to keep. 
And that is how we conceived our sweet little babe with my husband miles away from me. All it took was 3 years of practice for Chris & myself, with Dr.Z, Dr.K, & Jesus' sweet mercy to create this baby, a miracle, oh what a miracle!

The view at the fertility clinic. Sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment