Saturday, September 17, 2011

DIY: Book Wreath

Pinterest is my crack addiction. I'm to the point where I think I'd die without my daily dose of Pinterest. I love making wreaths and coudn't pass up the Book Wreath, as seen on Pinterest. Here's how I made mine:
First, make a trip to your local thrift shop & grab a few paperback novels, I dug for the ones that had faded & yellowed from age. I also purchased two styrafoam wreaths at the craft store. This craft took a few hours since I decided to make two wreaths.
Then, I tore out all of the book pages. I found that if you rolled the pages in you're desired size & added a fold to the bottom, that you could both pre-roll & that there was a better surface to glue onto.
I started gluing with hot glue around the outer edge & worked my way in. After burning the bejesus out of my finger, I discovered that using a flathead screwdriver was a wonderful tool to prevent injury. Add a line of hot glue to the bottom edge of your bookpage & press down onto wreath for a few seconds with the screwdriver.
After you have completed the front, move onto the interior portion, & lastly the outer side. I glued and pinned a loop of ribbon on the back to hang the wreath from. Here's a pic of the back, minus the ribbon loop.
How pretty!
I decided to hang my wreaths above the bed in our guest bedroom, love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment