Friday, October 7, 2011

If you build it, they will come.

I have always been a daydreamer. So in 2007 when I found THE wedding gown on ebay, brand new, and listed at $99, I was unable to resist. I bid & won, not caring that I was painfully single with no man in sight. I hung the gown in my closet & kept it a secret from most, but told a few girlfriends "if you build it, they will come" and we would laugh. Nine months later I met Chris, a year after that we were married and I wore my beautiful $99 bargain that fit like a glove.
 Fast foward to now, we are trying desperately to have a baby. My sister-in-laws have stopped having kids and have given us all of their outgrown items.(bouncer, clothes, bumbo, crib, etc.) We have set up the third bedroom with many of these items, choosing again to believe: If you build it, they will come. I chose a paint color that I like for either gender and decided to keep the furniture neutral. I will wait until there is a baby coming to choose fabrics and details, but will keep with a vintage theme no matter the gender. I couldn't keep my hands out of the paint can once I put the crib together, I love the crib but not the finish:

It took two weekends to paint the damn thing, and if you are concerned that the drop-rail cribs have been recalled, don't worry, we will fix it so that it doesn't drop.

This is a windowless room due to the fact that it is located on the neighbor's side of our patio home. I hate that it has no window.

Ignore the lamp, I'm thinking about making a burlap shade for it. The blue and cream chippy table is an antique store score from many years ago. I plan on changing diapers on top of it and stocking the basket with wipes, diapers, burp cloths, and anything else we will need at hand.

The nursery is in no way a baby shrine, it is a dose of encouragement every time I walk past. To me it would have been far sadder to leave the room empty and lean the crib against the wall in the garage. It reminds me daily to keep hoping and praying to become a mamma very soon.

1 comment: