Friday, January 13, 2012

Haircut for Humanity. (really for vanity but humanity sounded better)

I finally cut my hair! I was getting tired of having no specific style, yes it was beautiful hair but I was feeling so blah. After thinking about it for waaaay too long , I was inspired by Kate's cut from http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/2011/09/my-haircut.html. (I am also now on the Aquage Uplifting Foam bandwagon, this stuff is awesome, no wonder it has a cult following!) My fabulous stylist/therapist KK, rocked my haircut. She was able to cut off 13 inches to donate to sweet little babes with cancer and other illnesses that cause hair loss. Locks of Love accepts UNbleached hair 10 inches or longer to be made into children's wigs, but will also accept shorter and/or grey hair to be sold to help offset costs. Here's my cheesy self portrait in the car prior to my cut, I was pretty nervous!

Look at all of that hair! This marks my third donation!

The new & improved ol' gal:
BOOM!

If you care to make a hair donation of your own, go to http://www.locksoflove.org/, help a child feel just that much more "normal" & gorgeous too!

No comments:

Post a Comment